opportunityBusiness Development Manager / Networker
Job Type: Full-time / Permanent
Salary: £32,000 – this is a starting point based on a £1.2m turnover target, final salary will be agreed based on experience.
Commission: 2% of Gross Profit (GP) on any opportunity that you personally bring to the business.
Kerr Office Group are forward thinking, high end commercial interior design and build specialists. We’re ambitious and we’re growing. Our mission is improving working lives by designing and creating commercial spaces with the ‘wow’ factor. Our clients include an impressive mix of well-known household names. All our work is completed to the highest standard, and our people share our passion for perfection.
As a B1G1 (Buy 1 Give 1) Business For Good, we incorporate purpose and meaning to our business through giving. We support charitable causes locally, nationally and internationally that align with our company values.
About the role
- Developing external relationships with identified Lead and Project providers to Kerr. Your predominant focus should be directed towards Commercial Property Agents but this is not exclusive.
- Providing the business with well-qualified Leads from your external relationships, working closely with the Sales Manager to ensure Sales Targets are on-track to be achieved and then exceeded:
- Six accepted Leads per week, the equivalent of 26 Leads per month
- £1.2m turnover per calendar year
- Logging all interactions that are past, present and future on the CRM (Dynamics 365) either directly or via the Market Researcher. This includes other relevant Networker relationship fields on the CRM to allow for accurate reporting and data analysis, upholding data quality at all times.
- Sharing via email with the sales team any Leads or Projects that have been passed your way.
- Using appropriate internal communication channels as a forum to Communicate, Educate and Motivate – fully comprehending that you are selling the Leads & Projects you receive to Kerr with a commercial mindset.
- Recognising if you are falling below target and making focussed changes (involving colleagues where relevant) to ensure this is not a continuous trend.
- Alternative Networking, always thinking of new ideas and events that you can attend to promote the name of Kerr to a wider audience.
- Attending weekly Department Meetings.
- You are a Natural Born Networker.
- You are, or will be passionate about Kerr and all the valued services we provide for our clients, a positive attitude at all times when communicating with known, or new relationships.
- You will have a natural ability to communicate with people at all levels, listening and appropriately communicating the values of Kerr and the benefits a relationship will bring.
- You will have commercial awareness, where you are constantly evaluating and questioning all external relationships, ensuring the interactions are resulting in credible Leads and Projects for Kerr.
- You understand the immediate benefits of meeting in an environment that is appropriate in style to those that you encounter, adapting your professional sales demeanour in a manner that is fitting to the company you are with.
- You have a confident approach and ability, providing well thought out opinions and next actions on the Leads and Projects that you present to Kerr.
- You are confident but not arrogant with Kerr’s abilities to deliver successful Projects for all clients that are deemed appropriate to pursue. Ensuring this confidence is relayed with any external interactions and mitigating any concerns raised.
- You are an effective communicator with your colleagues, inspiring and ensuring team collaboration on projects we pursue.
- You are passionate about making a difference.
- You are proficient in Microsoft packages.
- You are fluent in English.
- Competitive Salary (based on competency/experience)
- 31 days annual leave (including public holidays)
- Company Social events
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Flexible working (from home & Office)
- Hours, core are: 08:00 – 4:00pm Monday to Friday, however the nature of this BDM role will mean many interactions will take place outside of these hours and on occasion, at weekends.
Click the link below to apply for this opportunity with Kerr Office Group.